Sunday, December 28, 2008

Dirty Rice



This is a recipe I developed back in the '70's. I have shared it countless times. Everyone seems to enjoy it...I hope you do too. Excellent accompaniment for chicken and pork. My husband and I like it so much that sometimes we have only the Dirty Rice and some veggies for dinner.

Serves 8-10

  • 16 Ozs Pork Sausage, Hot, Bulk (I like Jimmy Dean)
  • 3 Bunch Green Onions, chopped
  • 1/2 Tbsp Chicken Bouillon
  • 1 Tbsp Creole Seasoning, to taste (I like Tony Chacherie's)
  • 2 1/2 cups white rice, cooked
  1. Cook rice.
  2. Chop green onions into ¼” pieces separating tops and bottoms.
  3. On high heat, sauté sausage, breaking it apart until it looks like loose ground meat. Add bottoms of green onions and cook until meat is cooked through.
  4. Add granulated chicken bouillon (or 1/2 lg cube of Knorr's), lower heat and simmer for about 5 minutes. Add a small amount of water to prevent drying out.
  5. Turn off heat and mix in Creole seasoning (add more or less than 1 Tablespoon to your taste). Add green onion tops and toss in hot meat mixture until just heated through, about 30 seconds.
  6. Add cooked rice and mix very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment