Sunday, March 28, 2010

Linda's Frosted Banana Bread Bars/Cake



  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (3 medium)
  • 1 T. vanilla
  • 1 pkg instant vanilla pudding mix
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • pinch of salt

  1. Mix butter and sugar until creamy
  2. Beat in eggs, bananas, sour cream, and vanilla
  3. In another bowl combine flour, baking soda, pudding and salt
  4. Add to creamy butter/sugar mixture and mix well
  5. Pour into a greased 15 x 10 x 1 inch pan.
  6. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 25 minutes.
  7. Let cool completely before frosting





Frosting

  • 1/2 cup butter (softened)
  • 1 8 oz block of cream cheese (softened)
  • 4 cups powdered sugar
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  1. Mix the cream cheese and butter until smooth.
  2. Gradually add the powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat well.
  3. Spread evenly over the banana bread.

This is a marvelous recipe that will work well with carrot cake or red velvet. Perfect proportions!

2 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy and easy. I'll be trying this one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am honored that you posted my Frosted Banana Bread Bars on your blog, and made them look so good! You have a special gift for food photography, Suzie. I continue to make these bars, and guests continue to ask for them (especially my grandson). They're a real favorite at our house. Because of these bars, I ALWAYS have frozen bananas in my freezer, so I am able to make them at a moments notice.

    ReplyDelete