Sunday, April 4, 2010

Apricot Curry Chicken


This recipe is so easy. I wanted something with just a little spice and I wanted it fast - so I made this up and it is really good.

  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts that have been pounded between plastic wrap to tenderize.
  • 3/4 cup apricot preserves
  • 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
  • 2 tsp your favorite curry powder
  • garlic powder
  • salt and pepper

  1. Grate the fresh ginger and mix it in a bowl with the preserves and the curry powder. Put it aside while you cook the chicken.
  2. I use Pam spray - so spray or oil your skillet. Sprinkle the chicken with the garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add to the hot skillet. Sear and then reduce the heat to med low and cook for about 15 minutes. I covered them after I turned them.
  3. When the chicken is done, remove it to a warm plate and add the apricot mixture to the drippings in the skillet. Heat until it is bubbly and then pour it over the chicken and serve. Goes nice with basmati rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment