This is a favorite on our catering menu.
- 8 Ea Chicken Breast, No Skin, No Bone
- 8 Ozs Cream Cheese With Chives, sliced into 8 even squares
- 16 Slice Bacon, cooked, but not crisp
- 20 Ozs Cream of Chicken Soup
- 3 Tbsps Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1/4 C Onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 C Milk
- 1/2 C Sour Cream
- 1/2 C Mayonnaise, or sub sour cream
- 1/4 Tsp Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- 2 C Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 325 F
- Butter baking pan.
- Pound chicken breast until flat (just enough to roll up).
- Place 1 slice cream cheese in the middle of each breast.
- Roll up the breast (it doesn't matter of a little of the cream cheese comes out of the sides).
- Wrap 2 slices of bacon around each breast, then secure with toothpick, then place into prepared baking pan.
- Mix undiluted soup with Parm cheese, sour cream, mayo, milk, onion, salt and black pepper; mix until well combined then pour over chicken.
- Bake for about 45 min or until the chicken is 160 F.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheddar cheese then return to oven for a few min. to melt cheese.
If I do not have Cream of Chicken Soup on hand, I substitute a Bechamel sauce with chicken bouillon added.