Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 40 Minutes
Yield: 20 Appetizers
- 1 can (12 oz) Pillsbury® Golden Layers® refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (10 biscuits)
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso® chopped green chiles, drained
- ½ cup shredded Sharp Cheddar cheese (2 oz)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons cooked real bacon pieces (from 3- to 4.3-oz jar or package)
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 20 Old El Paso® pickled jalapeño slices (from 12-oz jar), drained
- Heat oven to 375°F. Separate each biscuit into 2 rounds. Press 1 round in bottom and up side of each of 20 ungreased mini muffin cups.
- In small bowl, mix remaining ingredients except jalapeño slices. Spoon heaping 1 teaspoon mixture into each cup; top each with 1 jalapeño slice.
- Bake 13 to 19 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove from pan to serving platter; let stand 5 minutes. Serve warm.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Bake 16 to 22 minutes.
Tracy Schuhmacher entered this recipe in the 2008 Pillsbury Cookoff. Original Recipe Source: Pillsbury.com
Check my other blog: Southern Flavor Zone