Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Serving Size: 4
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless & skinless
- 1/2 cup flour
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Dried oregano to taste
- 4 Tbsp oil
- 4 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- POUND chicken breasts between sheets of plastic wrap until about 1/4" thickness.
- COMBINE flour, salt, pepper and oregano in a mixing bowl. Dredge chicken pieces in the flour, shaking off any excess.
- HEAT oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken breasts on medium heat for about 2 minutes on the first side, until lightly browned. Turn breasts over to cook other side, then add mushrooms to skillet. Cook breasts about 2 more minutes, until both sides are lightly browned. Continue to stir mushrooms. Add Marsala wine around chicken pieces.
- COVER and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- TRANSFER to serving plate.