Monday, January 5, 2009

Sun Dried Tomato Pesto by Suzie


This is a very flavorful sauce that can be used on chicken, shrimp or pasta. I have also put it over cream cheese as an appetizer with crackers. It is very easy thanks to my new Cuisinart food processor that I got Kirby for Christmas.

  • 1 cup sun dried tomatoes
  • 1 cup fresh basil leaves
  • 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
  • 1 T. olive oil
  • 2 tsp. corn starch
  • 2 cup vegetable or chicken broth, divided
  • 2 - 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 4 T. pine nuts
  • Salt and pepper to taste


  1. Combine tomatoes and 1 cup vegetableor chicken broth in a small saucepan, bring to a boil. Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes.
  2. Using a food processor, combine tomato mixture, basil and the next 6 ingredients. Process until smooth.
  3. Combine remaining 1 cup broth and cornstarch in a small pan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in tomato mixture and heat through. Store in refrigerator up to 3 days or freeeze up to 3 months. Yield: 2 cups.

1 comment:

  1. Ohh this looks yummy. I'll have to try this one real soon. I baked Shirley's carrot cake today. I need to ice it. I'll take a pic and give a review.

    ReplyDelete